Special events and classes
There are a few popular sessions which we do and outside of set dates these can be booked so you can come and do them at an agreed date and time.
Clay Angel workshop
Potters wheel session 21st March
workshop coming soon
Clay Hedgehog workshop
Banding wheel workshop
How to Book and Prices
Clay all year round or Christmas Fairy / Angel t-lite class, Clay Witch and Clay Hedgehog classes
Call us on 01772 203060 to book in for these workshop to arrange a date and time. It does take about 2.5 hours to create the Witch and up to 2 hours to create the Hedgehog.
Jane will provide clay you need and any patterns or tools you require to make these. Guidance will be given step by step to make these wonderful pieces.
Once created you leave her with us to dry and then be bisque fired in our kiln. Then return in 2 weeks to paint her up and then leave her to be glaze fired. She will be ready a week later to collect.
Banding wheel workshop
Jane will show you how to do this and help as and when necessary. You can choose wide lines or thinner or a mix and then blend or not to blend into ombre effect.
Then choose how you will add a pattern to the background stripes.
The Clay all year round or Christmas Fairy/Angel workshop is £35 per person
The Witch clay workshop is £40 per person
The Hedgehog clay workshop is £35 per person.
The Banding Wheel painting technique workshop is £25 using a 26cm Dinner plate.
Special events and classes coming up
Potter’s Wheel 1 to 1 lesson
Sunday 21st March 2021
Saturday 16th January 10am – will reschedule when Lockdown is lifted
Clay Angel – all year round or a Christmas one, your choice
Sunday 21st March 2021 – 1 to 1, 30 Minute lesson on the Potter’s Wheel with Rachel Byass £45 per person
To Book in for this please; you can book here online or call us on 01772 203060 to arrange your 30 minute appointment
Rachel Byass, world renowned Potter and Ceramic artist who has taught me to paint and work with ceramics for the last 15 years is coming to my Studio for the day bringing a Potter’s wheel with her. How exciting is that? Rachel is a warm and friendly teacher with clay in her veins and a passion for it to match.
- You can book in to have a 30 minute 1 to 1 lesson on the potter’s wheel with her
- Throw a successful pot – often at a first session you will fail to create a pot as it is a difficult craft to do, however with Rachel by your side she will share her expertise and make sure you create a piece you are delighted with.
- Opt to paint it on the wheel with Rachel’s own amazing specially developed clay paints using her special painting technique
- Or leave it as it is without colour on the throwing day
- Your fabulous pot will be fired either way, glazed and fired if you paint it on the wheel on the day. Or fired and you return to paint it in 2 weeks and then leave it again to be glazed and fired 4 U!
There are only 12 lessons available on Sunday the 10th January starting at 10am. You can book in on the link below.
Your Lesson includes;
- 30 minute lesson with Rachel 1 to 1 teaching and guidance
- clay to throw your pot
- paints on the day if you choose to
- clay firing
- optional return painting session
- 2 sessions in our studio
- final glazing and firing of your hand thrown pot
- Age limit 7/8 years upwards.
The cost of all of this is £45 per person. It will give you a super thrilling experience to look forward to or a fabulous late Christmas gift to yourself or from a loved one.
What Our Customers Say
I have attended several evening workshops at Fired4u and would highly recommend them. Under Jane’s guidance I have made a variety of clay ornaments from angels to moon gazing hare plaque.
Clay and Pottery Painting Workshops
Life at #Fired4U
Monday-Tuesday: closed (available for groups and often open in the school holidays please check)
Wednesday: Adults only evenings check events
Evening appointments available for groups